Hydroponic gardening's popularity has grown in leaps and bounds in recent years, especially in North America. Hydroponic gardening is simply growing plants in a water and nutrient solution without soil. Hydroponics allows you to grow plants and fruits and vegetables in a more efficient and productive manner; literally anywhere, with less labor, time and gardening area needed.
Hydroponic gardens can be grown indoors, outdoors, and even in small spaces, using several different methods. These methods include growing plants in containers of water or in other soil-less mediums, including sand, crushed rock, gravel and vermiculite.
Advantages Of Hydroponics
Although there are many advantages of growing hydroponically, we have included the primary ones. By reviewing this section of our website you will have a better understanding of hydroponics and the benefits it has to offer. You can also call our store and talk with any of our knowledgeable staff. We are always happy to educate and share our experience and knowledge with others.
- Simplicity - No digging, tilling, raking, or weed pulling. No power tools needed.
- No Yard Needed - Create a hydroponic garden in any indoor space.
- Water-Saving - Hydroponic gardens use up to 2/3 less water.
- Affordable - Get started on a very low budget, and save on any size of project.
- Higher Yields - Hydroponic gardens are far more productive for their size
- Better Results - Hydroponics produces better tasting, more nutritional results.
- Year Round Growing - With hydroponics, you control the season.
- Enjoyment - Your success is all but assured with hydroponics.
- Relaxing - All gardeners tell you the same thing. It is a relaxing hobby.
- Family Experience - A great way to spend quality family time together.
pic-indoor-hydroponics-peppersThe science of hydroponics proves that the only things needed to grow plants are water, nutrients, and a method of delivering the plants food to the root system. The soil itself is simply the backbone for the roots so they have a stable place to grow.
Although hydroponic gardening can be done outdoors, most gardens are indoors or in a greenhouse. Because hydroponic gardening is so efficient, very little space is needed compared to a conventional outdoor garden. In hydroponic gardening, you provide the exact nutrients that your plants need by directly feeding the root system, without ever having to stress the plant due to lack of nutrients or water.
Hydroponic gardening is superior to traditional gardening in most cases. If soil everywhere was of high quality, and if everyone who wanted to grow plants owned the ground to plant it on and had the time to cultivate it, then hydroponics might be rarely used.
However, soil varies greatly in its quality and consistency. When we plant outdoors in the best of soils, large amounts of fertilizer are not needed for proper growth. Many of us, especially city-dwellers, town home owners or apartment and condo dwellers lack even a small plot of land to grow plants. Even if you live in the tiniest of apartments you can raise fruits, herbs, vegetables and flowering plants. You can raise plants hydroponically in pots, or individual containers and adapt your hydroponic garden to any size space available.
We Have It All
No matter what you need when it comes to Hydroponic Gardening, we have it all. So whether it be hydroponic systems, nutrients, growing media or just information you be assured of getting from us. Most importantly, you will always get correct information and just what you need.